Elliott's Photo Album

Sunday 26 August 2007

What is mightier???

Everyone has their opinion on the question: What is mightier the pen or the sword (for the record we'll be teaching Elliott its the pen... better for poking eyes). I recently put a similar question to the test: What is mightier the washing machine or the screwdriver? I accidentally left a small screwdriver in my shorts and it went through the wash! It turns out the little tool took out our machine. I lodged inside, pierced the outter tub and knocked the whole thing out of alignment. So the screwdriver wins! and I loose!

In hindsight I always thought a new washing machine was on the cards, to cope with the extra load (our washing machine, bought when Kel and I moved out together 6 years ago with the help of Sally and Angela, was a very low 4.5 kg capacity). I just didn't think it would be my stupidity that would bring it on! Oh well you live and learn!

For the record our new LG front loading machine has a 7.5 kg capacity, 4 star water efficiency and 4 star energy efficiency. Gee whiz it takes a long time to do a load though, nevertheless, we are doing our bit, one 2.5 hour load at a time. Keep it clean and stay green!

No comments: